You can use this job description for writing Nursery teacher cover letter, resume/CV, Nursery teacher job qualifications (knowledge, education, skills, abilities, experience…KSA model) and other ones such as Nursery teacher daily tasks, key activities, key/core competencies, job functions/purpose…
I. List of Nursery teacher duties:
- Interact frequently, affectionately, and respectfully with children.
- Engage and communicate with individual children during the activities and routines.
- Implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum which reflects observations and goals of individual children.
- Facilitate regular parent/guardian communication and conferences to discuss orientation, transitions, and developmental goals.
- Follow all safety and health rules while supervising all children at all times.
- Demonstrate awareness of the entire group whether working with a small group or individuals.
- Keep the environment and equipment safe, clean and attractive.
- Support organizational mission, philosophies, values, goals, and policies to parent/guardians and coworkers.
- Offer and share ideas and materials with coworkers.
- Participate actively in the teaching team through communication, collaboration, and curriculum planning.
II. List of Nursery teacher qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Must meet Early Childhood Teacher Qualifications, formerly GLQ. Infant Nursery Qualifications are also required for this particular opening
- CDA or Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 12 Months of professional teaching experience preferred
- Must meet state requirements for education and additional center/school requirements may apply